The NIOD ‘het Instituut voor Oorlogs-, Holocaust- en Genocidestudies’ is since 1997 situated in one of the finest buildings in Amsterdam at the Herengracht 380. In 1890 it was built with unlimited budget as a house for Jacob Nienhuis. Every room has refined detailed floors, walls and ceilings. It was one of the first houses in Amsterdam with electric light. Solid Lighting was asked to improve the Lighting in the historic Building. Leo Krol designed a T lamp: uplighter, worklight and indirect light to the wall, each lamp has in total 16000LM of Osram Ledlight. The floorlamp is made out of aluminium, anodised in a special copper colour.